The Bars that are Built On Kindness: Be Kind Snacks
Cranberry almond with macadamia nuts. Caramel almond and sea salt. The flavor names alone for the Be Kind snack bars had me craving one before I even had a chance to taste one.
I’ve tried a lot of bars over the years, but when I discovered these a few years ago at Trader Joe’s, they became a go-to. And recently, those “kind” folks over at Be Kind sent some samples my way to try for the blog. Needless to say, I was more than happy to taste a few of my old favorites and several flavor combos that were new to me.
Here’s what I thought about each one I tried:
- Caramel Almond and Sea Salt. Delicious — like a candy bar, but better for me.
- Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond. Good if you like coffee. I’m not a huge fan of coffee and mocha flavors, so this one wasn’t my favorite.
- Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate. Let’s face it — it’s hard to go wrong with this flavor combo.
- Almond and Coconut. Tasty, but a little too sweet and rich for me.
- Fruit and Nut. Always a good option that combines dried fruit and nuts.
- Cranberry Almond with Macadamia Nuts. Love this one. The cranberries and macadamia nuts are delicious together.
So, “fit” or a “miss?” I’m going to say most of the options were a "fit." These sweet bars will stay on the top of my pic list.